This is a simple update for all the folks out there wondering how you can help us out on the site of the occupation and in general in our collective opposition to the Hanlon Creek Business Park & sprawl in general. Here is a list of different ways you could help, but be creative, everything counts.
- Come visit us at the front gate, just south of the subdivisions on downey rd. north of Laird rd. join us to keep watch, help us keep a strong presence and offer an opportunity for anyone to stop by and enter into dialog about the issues surrounding the Land and sprawl in Southern Ontario. We need your support, both physically and emotionally.
- Drop off some supplies for the land defenders living on site, fresh vegetables, firewood, pc mobile phone cards, and any other thoughtful gifts are greatly appreciated and help keep moral up in camp.
- Help us organize against this project, and other similar projects. We need more support from people off site raising awareness about the occupation, the planned development and sprawl in Southern Ontario. Protests, flyering, benefit shows, teach-in’s and indymedia are just a few ideas that would help in our efforts to protect natural sites all around us.
- Consider helping us out financially,
Eric K. Gillespie Professional Corporation
10 King St. East, Suite 600, Toronto Ontario, Canada, M5C 1C3.
Cheques can be written out to ‘Eric K. Gillespie Professional Corporation’. If you can also email us at email@example.com to let us know the amount you’re sending, that’ll help us determine things on our end.
-If you would like to support us in the costs of maintaining the camp, we accept donations at the front gate
- We are calling for all our supporters to come to our injuction hearing on Monday August 10th, from 10 AM on in the Superior Court (74 Woolwich St.) we need your support to show the city that this is a big issue, and that they can’t just silence our opposition by slapping us with a lawsuit and criminalizing us.
- Please don’t think of this as a complete list, what makes us so effective is that so many people are organizing against this independently of each other in collective opposition to the HCBP and sprawl in general. We need every creative means used against this project and others like it as possible.
p.s. if you are fighting a development project within your community, WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU, it is truly inspiring to hear of other people fighting against bad development projects all across the world. Come down to the site to share with us, or if you can only reach us from a far, send us an e-mail to share with us about your communities struggle.