People keep asking us, how can I help?
There is a lot going on. Here is a list of some things we are working on, but we know there is potential for so much more to be happening. Please get in touch with us via phone or email, and let us know if you’d like to be involved in any way. Please don’t let our list of projects turn you off if you don’t see something that especially inspires you, we are open to more than what is listed.
* Outreach and communication strategies, like creating our own media, being present at the farmers market and events around town, going door to door, and so on.
* Working on an informative booklet/zine about the issues around the HCBP that led to the occupation, and the many ensuing issues that resulted.
* Organizing a Great Sakes area speaking and networking tour, intended to introduce people in towns and cities small and large to what’s been going on in Guelph, to talk with others about why actions like this are necessary, and how we can work together regionally to collectively stop sprawl.
* Strategizing around the larger issues of the HCBP, like Places to Grow and other ‘growth strategies,’ the economics of the business park, the Guelph’s fall-2010 municipal election, and more.
* Networking and allying with as many people and organizations as possible, in Guelph and beyond. Since there are so many issues that converge in the HCBP – urban sprawl, Old Growth forest, wetlands, drinking water, the aggregate industry, threatened species, climate change, the Hanlon Expressway ‘upgrades,’ biotechnology, Native land claims, and more – there is much fertile ground for alliances, and building a stronger movement around this.